April’s housing stats are in from the Calgary Real Estate Board so we thought we’d provide a quick rundown. Below are a number of bullet points we thought were the most relevant:
- Detached home sales reached 930 and improved nearly 3 percent in April.
- Overall detached home sales are still down 5 percent year-to-date.
- Detached home sales increased in North East Calgary, North West Calgary, South Calgary, and South East Calgary.
- Inventory remains unchanged and still sits at four months.
- Apartment-style condo sales have reached 714, which is actually the lowest level we’ve seen to this point in a year since 2001.
- Despite sales being down compared to other years, inventory has fallen to 1,546 re-sale units, or roughly 16 percent lower than April 2018.
- Sales for attached properties improved in every district in Calgary except City Centre, North West Calgary, and West Calgary.
- Sales activity for attached properties improved for the second straight month compared to last year. Year-to-date sales are now at 1,113 units.